Thursday/Friday 4/9-4/10 and
Learning Goal: Students will be able to examine multiple views on public and current issues by analyzing media and political communications (bias, symbolism, propaganda) and the impact it can have on government.
Form your own Interest Group!
· Research a public issue within your school, local community, county, state, or country!
· Form or decide to “join” an interest group revolving around an idea to improve your researched issue.
· Create a form of propaganda to promote your issue.
*Print media could be pamphlets, posters, editorials.
*Electronic media could be a website, blog, or a 30 second commercial script.
- Name of your interest group
- Include the political party your group would most likely appeal to.
- State the goals of your group.
- Develop an opinion poll question relevant to your interest group to gauge public opinion.
- Explain the legislation your group will seek to have passed.
- Use at least two propaganda techniques in the media source you create.
1. Document that answers all of the above questions: (Name of Group, Goals of your group, Opinion poll question, legislation your group wants to pass)
*Each group can use one laptop and submit a word document.
2. Your created Propaganda