Learning Goal: Students will understand the structure, function, and processes of the Judicial branch of government, as well as its role in the lawmaking process at the federal level.
SS.7.C.3.8: Analyze the structure, functions and processes of the legislative, executive and judicial branches.
SS.7.C.3.3: Illustrate the structure and function of the US government
SS.7.C.1.7: Describe how the Constitution limits the powers of government through separation of powers and checks and balances.
| || |
What information did you get from this video about the Judicial Branch that may be important?
Task 1: Judicial Branch Overview
1. Read the attached file to the right titled "Judicial Branch in a flash READING."
2. Answer the questions attached to the right titled "Judicial Branch QUESTIONS" in your writing folder.
Task 2: Supreme Decision: iCivics Review
1. Click on the link below and play "Court Quest."
2. WRITE A PARAGRAPH SUMMARY OF WHAT YOU LEARNED ABOUT THE JUDICIAL BRANCH WHILE PLAYING THIS GAME.
Task 3: Review Webquest
Task 4: Your Supreme Court Justices
1. Click on the image below and read through some short biographies of current U.S. Supreme Court Justices.
2. What do many of the justices have in common? Are their any justices that stand out as different from the rest?